Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In case anyone's listening

I haven't posted in so long, I doubt anyone is bothering to monitor this site. But just in case, I want to say that I'm feeling healthy and fine, my treatments are over, and I am now on five years of drug therapy and monitoring. But more importantly, I have to say that I have never in my life been as proud of my country and my fellow countrypeople as I am today. And considering my advanced age and all that has happened in the past half century, that is saying a lot. Frankly, if Barack Obama does nothing for the next four years but work to alleviate the plight of the African American people in this nation, it will be alright by me. This one's for you, Grandma!

1 comment:

Janet McDaniel said...

I still check your site from time to time, Marcia! And you know how much I agree with you about the election. AND I'm so glad that you are doing well and will continue to bounce back even while you are experiencing some of the more interesting aspects of WomenOFACertainAge. Guck. JMcD